A child’s dental care regimen should begin as early as possible in order to pave the way for great oral health as they grow from infancy to adolescence and then adulthood. At Sunrise Pediatric and Family Dentistry, we offer specialized care and attention to our young patients. Our experts understand their unique needs and strive to provide quality dental care in a comfortable, fun and interactive environment.
From the time that your child is born, there are many things that you can do to promote healthy teeth and prevent cavities. For babies, cleaning can be done using a soft cloth or baby’s toothbrush. As their primary teeth start emerging, you can help them start developing good oral habits and start considering limiting sweet snacks and drinks and encourage healthy and nutritious food instead.
Some of the pediatric dental services that we offer are:
- Complete dental checkups for kids: it is recommended that kids visit our dental office for bi-annual checkups. This allows us to keep track of their oral health and check for any underlying problems so that treatment can be administered in time.
- Preventive treatment: preventive dental care includes sealants, dental cleaning, fluoride treatment, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations, etc.
- Sealants: these are plastic coatings applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth to protect them from decay.
- Space Maintainers: space maintainers are placed at the site of a lost baby tooth to allow the incoming permanent tooth to erupt in its proper place.
- Fluoride application: these help in preventing cavities and in repairing early stages of decay in your child’s teeth.
- Restorations: restorations such as fillings and crowns can be used to repair cracked, chipped and damaged teeth and restore the health and function of your child’s smile.
If you have any concerns about your child’s dental health, please contact our office at (281) 886-7833.